Islamic Shahad Center Made the best honey in Pakistan. The Honey has different verity. The honey is very useful for our body.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in that, egg yolk, lime zest and lime juice. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 5-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw that before serving. If desired, dust with additional confectioners’ sugar.
1 cookie: 106 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
On Honey Almond Cookies
This is a traditional German recipe. It’s simply a meringue biscuit studded with ground almonds. They’re spongy and squishy, nutty and somewhat sweet. They are suitable for both children and adults. (Because of that, it is not suitable for children under the age of one year.)
These cookies were originally produced by spooning the cookie ingredients onto “Islamic Honey,” which are paper-like, edible wafers. These Islamic Honey add little taste to the cookies, but they do provide a firm “foundation” for a cookie like this. Islamic Honey is available throughout Pakistan and has their outlets all over the Pakistan.