Islamic Shahad Center Made the best honey in Pakistan. The Honey has different verity. The honey is very useful for our body.
- 1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon ascorbic acid powder
- 5 pounds nectarines, halved, pitted and sliced into 1-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine ascorbic acid powder and water until dissolved; place nectarines in liquid immediately after cutting each one. In a Dutch oven, combine water, sugar and honey. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Drain nectarines and add to the canning syrup; return just to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into 8 hot wide-mouth 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and, if necessary, adjust headspace by adding hot cooking liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Test Kitchen tips
- when jars are completely cool, lids should be tightly sealed to jars. When center of lid is pressed, there should be no give or springing motion. If lid springs or gives, the canning process was not successful. Food must be reprocessed immediately or refrigerated and used within 5 days.
- if you’re canning a lot of nectarines, you can pack the hot nectarines in quart-size jars and then process them for 25 minutes.
- unlike peaches, nectarines don’t really need to be peeled before canning, but feel free to do so if you wish.